Sunday, May 22, 2005

Dreams are Made of These.

I am one of those people who believes that I suffer from every psychological condition that exists. But I am now convinced that there is one condition that doesn’t plague my cerebral hemispheres .
Claustrophobia .

Strike it off that list , Vorkady.
Discovered this about 11:30 a.m this morning on my way out to meet Homieboy for brunch.
‘Might be late , I’m stuck in my lift’.
‘Just be patient and breathe’ was the reply.

Was breathing , was being patient. Didn’t bother me , honest. Was just hungry as hell and needed to get to Koshy’s soon ..
So there.. now that we’ve established that.

The past few days have been really crazy for me . (doesn’t explain why I haven’t written in over 4 months) . My dad’s in a hospital in Tanzania ,after suffering from a stroke and a nine hour surgery that followed.
He’s there with my mom , aunt and an I.V drip for company.
Recovering.

Please keep the faith and don’t stop praying . Its all that positive energy that’s giving him and the family strength to get through this. I really believe that. Things are better now and he’s in a stable condition.

Many of the good people of Bangalore have been taking me out to help me keep the spirits up.

Ashwin (green eyes) , Daddoo , Ranjana and I went to a West Indian restaurant. When Ashwin first said it was a West Indian restaurant, word association went like this.

West Indian- West India – West Bengal – Bengali food ? – Good fish – wait- West Bengal is actually East India – West - Maharashtrian – Goan ? – Also good fish.

Its only when I opened the menu and read Trinidad special is when I discovered it was actually food from The WEST INDIES ….
Yes.. Enlightenment finally hit me .
Must thank Selvin ( Selvam? ) and his family who offered many an instance for me to laugh like a woman possessed. Also equally entertaining was a Jamaican song titled Oye Bebe.
An interesting evening - interspersed with threats from Ashwin ( I’ll throw this knife at you) , and interruptions from Selvin who convinced Ashwin that he was ‘discharged’ from prison . If such a thing is possible.
Thank you Cuteness , I owe you.

Thank you Homieboy for brunch and interesting conversation .

Thank you Cowie Tubby for ice cream , apple cake and good music.

Hande- Just for being there. I might yell at you heaps .. but its because of all the love (teehee) …

Went to Infinitea with Vorkady . Had one of the most mind – buggering conversations I’ve had with anyone in a long time .
Had tea which had a hint of spearmint flavour which we gathered with the help of a phenomenon we call olfaction. Otherwise it tasted like hot water.
Thank you Vorkady for dinner and ‘intellectual’ conversation. We only used the word ‘paroxysm’ 528 times.

There are so many people I need to thank for helping me get though this. You all can’t even begin to imagine how much I needed and appreciated all your emotional support.

Family – the whole bunch of you . Thank you for the emails , the phone calls and the messages. Shant , Roopa , Ashwin , the whole of Dad’s side , all the chittis , perimas , peripas , mamas , chittappas and mamis. Jayanti aunty and Prakash uncle ..
There are too many of you to name. I love you .

Big shout out to K K Raja , cant describe how much you mean to me .. although this doesn’t make all the mental notes go away. Haha …

And all my homies in da hood (teehee) …
Thank you for all the patience and freebies ! ( Im still on a caffeine trip from all the diet coke , Zauj ! ) .
Cowie Tubby , Zauj , Bubbly , Cuteness , Hande, Vorkady, Bunchy (Kanishka’s mom!), Fatty G , nj, Ms. Van Horn , Ppd ,Tanvi , Dub, Ya sister …. And so many more of you … I’m sorry if I haven’t mentioned your names here but thank you all the same.

And finally -- to Goblin and the Lipton Ice tea sales man who gave me a carton of Ice tea for free ( to protect me from an evil I affectionately call Diet coke).They know who they are and they don’t know how much they mean to me .
I love them immensely .
I dedicate this post to the both of them . For all the wisdom and love. God bless you.

On a lighter note , has anybody noticed the crazy butterfly phenomenon that’s been going on ? So many of them , all over the place , all sizes , pretty colours . Sometimes you can see more than 50 of them in one place... So beautiful that its mind blowing.

Like a wise man once said (!) – Dreams are made of these. They are you know. Really.

Everytime I see them , they make me smile .
They remind me of all the good things to come. All the things to look forward to . All the things that make life so colourful . All the things that make life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment