Directed by Lilette Dubey. Zen Katha is a play that talks of Prince Bodhidhrama and his travels from India to China where he grows spiritually . The story is of a man who leaves his Brahmin roots to become the founder of the martial arts of Kung Fu as we know it today.
As I wrote this article about the afore mentioned play for my Q Jam fortnight update, I made a mental note to try and catch the play myself .Seems interesting.
It was a sign , surely , as Balaji called me and asked me if I could usher for the play .. bring someone else along as well , he said.
Yay! Two free tickets to play…..
So I went to Chowdiah a little vexed , make that terribly... because everyone I asked to come with me cancelled out in the last minute. Finally Priya said she’d come .
God bless that girl.
The play was terrible . We couldn’t sit through half of it. We left at the interval.
The actors played more than one part , which was disasterous as they couldn’t act at all….let alone do justice to more than one part.
The acting was way to dramatic and unnatural.
The script was discontinuous . I didn’t understand how Prince Dharma jumps in and out of being a Buddhist and being a Hindu Brahmin in different scenes. Maybe it was some cool flash back thing that I didn’t get .. hmmm.
Too much gyan. Every other line had something to do with space, time and planetary forces. That got a little corny after a while .
Low energy on stage , bad acting coupled with an uninteresting script. Priya and I couldn’t take it anymore.
Balaji was apologetic for asking us to usher for a play like this one. Don’t worry about it .. I said , at least I got to meet Sandhya Mridhul ... ok .. so maybe that isn’t so cool.
In my opinion , Lillette Dubey should stick to acting , direction isn’t really her forte.
But then again , no one asked for my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment