My sister and I drove up to the shetler one fine saturday afternoon. We knew we wanted a cat. According to my mom's instructions, a male cat who MUST be fixed. Of course.
So we walked into the cattery and looked a number of prospectives. Somehow my sister and I couldn't decide on one. Then we heard that there was one wonderful kitty. Very affectionate, most healthy. Only problem, the tabby cat had an accident about a year ago when he was about six months old and had to have his right foreleg removed. He was fixed and was male..
Well, I have to admit, I wasn't without trepidation. Neither was little Juj. We went and took a look at who would become our new little baby! My sister fell in love with him instantly. He had the cutest face and when I picked him up.. he didn't make the slightest noise.. purred gently and started snuggling up. We had found a winner.
We gave him all his shots and drove him back home. Cat food, litter box in place. He came home and now he's the man of the house.. and he knows it!
Don't let his three leggedness fool you. He's as naughty and as perky as the regular tom cat. He has a number of other names that we call him in endearment of course .. (cough cough). Lovingly, his names range from Langda Tyagi, Tripod, nondi poone (that's my mother's contribution) to ey handicapped bum, Elvis (which is what Ganatra keeps calling him), you need a cinnamon stick to help you walk better .. umm .. my poor baby... He takes it all in his stride though (pun intended and all). He gets spoilt rotten by my sister and I.
Ganatra came over and met him.. how the sparks flew .. he's ready to snuggle up to anyone and sleep .. he's also learnt to throw tantrums when he's angry and when he's hungry. Learning from his owners.. what a smart one. If i continue with this, i will never finish.. But as a grand finale to this post, I am posting a piece written about Cinnamon by my good friend (cough cough ), Ashwin.. Sadistic, twisted , well meaning humour.. very tam bram. I like!
I tot I taw 3/4th of a puddy-tat!
Dee Iyer has been cheated. Last week, she broke into a fit of buying a cat. Much to her mother’s dismay, on Ganesh Chaturthi, a new guest came home…An cat with 3 legs.
Now, let’s assume that a cat costs Rs.100/-. How much would you pay for a three-legged cat? In my head, I’d pay Rs.75/-. Simple….for 3/4th of a cat, I’d pay 3/4th of Rs.100. BUT NO…Dee pays nothing and gets home a three-legged cat that is also STERALIZED. Sheesh, I can’t believe that a smartie like Dee allowed herself to be taken for a cat-sized ride like this. A sterilized, 3 legged cat downloaded on her for free.
That’s not all. Dee’s feeling all sanguine about the cat and ends up calling her sterilized-three-legged-pet as Cinnamon. Sangiune…Cinnamon? I’d call it Reddy!
It’s ok Dee, I’ll overlook these little incidents when it comes to your annual friend appraisal and evaluation!


No comments:
Post a Comment